The registering device does not have appropriate credentials error problem with Facetime

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gabby22
The registering device does not have appropriate credentials error problem with Facetime

Have a MacBook Pro which is running on OS X 10.6.8. I have been trying to get the Facetime to work on my mac but everytime it shows an error message when I try to open it. The error message that comes up is "The registering device does not have appropriate credentials". How do I solve this error and get my Facetime to work again?

ibryle_A
Been using an iMac 24" that

Been using an iMac 24" that runs on Mac OS X 10.6.6 on which I have been using the facetime. I have been noticing that the facetime doesn't open and instead shows an error that says "the registering device does not have appropriate credentials". I am not understanding how to solve this error. Can someone suggest some solutions for this?

Offia_ken
I had also got this error

I had also got this error sometime back on my facetime which I had been trying to open on my macbook. I searched a lot on the internet and that is when I saw this thread on a website where a user had been facing the same problem as mine. It was suggested there to update all the security updates of your operating system to the latest version. I had also come to know that Facetime requires OS X 10.6.6 or later so check that as well.

LuckON
I am very thankful to you

I am very thankful to you that you mentioned that I need to get the latest updates for my operating system and that this error comes up when your system doesn't have the latest security updates installed on it. I had been very confused about how to solve this problem but after getting the latest updates installed my problem was solved.

inadarei
This problem has nothing to

This problem has nothing to do with security updates. A security update probably fixed your problem only because you restarted your computer.

This problem is caused by a hosed imagent process. You need to either kill the process (with "killall imagent" in your terminal) or restart your computer

Details here: http://porkrind.org/missives/imessage-on-mac-os-x-not-working/